Ever wonder how to get that “I-just-woke-up-but-yeah-I-look-this-good” look? Well, wonder no longer! Make-up Artist, Hinako, lends us her expertise with a step-by-step tutorial below on how to achieve a fresh face with a nude lip. Take beauty notes!
1) The first thing you need to do is thoroughly moisturizer your skin to make it nice and dewy. My favorite products that get the job done are Kate Somerville DermalQuench Liquid Lift Advanced Wrinkle Treatment, Kate Somerville Quench Oil Free Hydrating Face Serum, and Clarins Beauty Flash Balm.
3) Then apply bronzer to the cheeks. What you want to do next is put a little bit of bronzer on the nose and temple with a brush. The key is not to apply too much bronzer to the nose and temple – just a subtle touch.
5) Now we apply a highlight to the area on top and above the cheekbones, feathering out all the way up near your eyes. Then add a little highlight to the nose bridge. My favorite is Tom Ford Beauty Shade & Illuminate.
6) In order to create this style of eye makeup I start with cream eye shadow, like Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Color Burnished Bronze. I apply this to the entire eyelid (stopping at the brow bone). Next I shadow the side of the eyelid and eyelid with CACAO, feathering inward towards the center of the eyelid which ends up being lighter than the side. Once that’s done I apply a powder shadow on top, of which my favorite is Dior 5 Couleurs in Cuir Cannage #796 and Tom Ford Eyeshadow Quad in Honeymoon.
From there I add a lot of individual eye lashes, using several different lengths for a natural look. Once the lash adhesive dries, apply mascara to the top and bottom lashes. Finally, fill in your waterline with black gel eyeliner to make your eyes look even bigger.
7) Now apply cream blush on top of your cheeks. It’s easier to find the top of your cheeks by smiling. I like to use Chanel Le Blush Creme de Chanel, Cream Blush #67 to be specific. After the cream blush, you can layer some powder blush on top to settle. My fave is Tom Ford Cheek Color Blush Flush.
8) Finally apply lip liner. I like to line the lip first, then fill it with pencil and layer it with lip color if necessary. I love Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Iconic Nude. Katie has the perfect natural lip color for this nude lip look, so I just gave her lip balm on the top of lip liner – but if your lips are bright or the color different from what you envision, just put some water based foundation on your lips to kill the brightness, then apply your lip liner.